Cannes is well connected via Road, Rail and Air. There are numerous low cost Airline routes that travel to the Cote D’Azur and Provence Regions.
Flights to Nice
Nice is a very well connected airport; being the third busiest Airport in France after Paris Charles de Gaulle and Orly. There are frequent low cost flights from UK and all over Europe to Nice.
The Frequency of flights varies according to the time of year and the Airline, as does the price. You can fly to Nice from London Stansted airport from as little as £30 return!
Flight availability does drop on peak travel days such as 02/01 or 31/08 prices, when prices can shoot up considerably. However there are so many routes flown to Nice now, that a cheaper option is almost always possible.
Flights to Nice from UK :-
- EasyJet – Flies to Nice from three London airports Luton, Stansted and Gatwick, also Bristol, Liverpool, Newcastle, Edinburgh and Belfast.
The most frequent (up to 6 flight per day) and usually cheapest route is Nice – Gatwick
- Jet2 – Flights to Nice from Stansted, Manchester and Leeds, at a frequency of up to 2 flights per day during summer
- British Airways – Flights to Nice from London Heathrow, London City, Gatwick, Stansted and Manchester – Up to 12 flights per day. BA Flights from Heathrow are often competitively priced versus other London airports especially if you Book Early
- RYANAIR – Direct Flights to Nice from Dublin and London Stansted. The Frequency is rather limited, but off season pricing is amongst the cheapest. Forinstance a £30 return flight during February 2018 booked 2 months in advance (not during UK schools holidays).
There are also lots of low costs carriers that fly from European destinations to Nice,
Flights to Nice from Germany :-
- Easyjet flies to Nice from Berlin, Hamburg and Munich
- EuroWings flies to Nice from Cologne, Hamburg, Dusseldorf, Munich, Dortmund, Hanover, Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden, Leipzig/Halle, Nuremberg, Stuttgart and Sylt
- Lufthansa has lots of flights to Nice from multiple German airports – usually more expensive than Eurowings or Easyjet however. The Frankfurt to Nice route is only served by Lufthansa.
Travel By Car
Drive to Cannes via A8 Motorway
Villa Carpe Diem is located 5 minutes from A8 Motorway Junction 41, Cannes La Bocca Exit
Travel by Taxi
From Nice Airport to Villa Carpe Diem
The Cote D’Azur region of France is one of the most expensive after Paris for hiring a Taxi. The typical cost of a Taxi journey from Nice Airport is between 70 – 85 euros. Taxis make surcharges during the night and for luggage and motorway tolls.
To book a Taxi from the airport to Villa Ad Alta we recommend you use lecab which will give you a guaranteed fixed price and you can book airport pickups in advance in English using their Website or App, that will be as competitive as any. Uber in France is a significantly limited service and we find lecab to be much better.
Travel By Boat
There are frequent ferries across the channel to Calais and Boulogne from where it is a 1200km drive down through France to Cannes. We rarely drive nowadays instead preferring to take Plane from UK. However this can be attractive option to plan a multi-stop travel itinerary, or if you wish to avoid hiring a car or have a dog you wish to travel with.
There are also frequent Ferries to Corsica and Sardinia from Nice Port. This can be great travel extension itinerary to plan, as Corsica and Sardinia should be on everyone bucket list! Nicolina who co-owns Villa Carp Diem is Sardinian so we do go there often.
Get the train from London to Cannes !!
Taking train from London to Cannes via Paris is another travel option. Taking the Eurostar to Paris and then TGV nto Cannes. This trip now takes 9 hours or less
The TGV now runs all the way to Cannes from Paris. Fast TGV trains taking just over five hours for the 940-km journey from Paris. This route is usually served by double-deck TGV Duplex trains, so book a seat on the upper deck for the best views, Bookings for this route usually open three months in advance. Book early for the cheapest tickets.
Local Train service from Nice to Villa Carpe Diem
Nice Airport doesn’t have a direct stop on the main rail network. The nearest Station is Nice-Saint Augustin station, which is 1.3km away from Terminal 1 and 1.8km from Terminal 2
The train service from Nice-Saint Augustin can take you to Cannes La Bocca Station where you can get the 610 Bus or Taxi to La Roquette sur Siagne. I do not recommend this option however and Car or Taxi are to be preferred if possible.
Tickets cost €7.20 and you can purchase them online at SNCF TER PACA
Cannes is served by an extensive network of Bus routes. The 610 Bus runs from the entrance to Saint Jean (100m walk from the Villa) to Cannes Centre taking 30 minutes and cost €1.50. Tickets can be purchased on the Bus
Plan your Journey
Villa Carpe Diem Approximate Location
This is the Villa location within 400m.
Enjoy your journey and see you soon.